The new city of Yarrabilba is under way just 40 kilometres south of Brisbane. The Lend Lease development will ultimately be home to over 45,000 residents and will support over 17,000 households.
The ‘Fast Facts’ from Lend Lease’s Yarrabilba web site are as follows:
- Yarrabilba is located 40 kilometres south east of the Brisbane CBD, 35 kilometres north west of Southport and 20 minutes from Logan Central.
- 30 years: 2011-2041 (approx)
Size / Population
- 2,012 hectares
- Yarrabilba will become home to approximately 45,000 + people upon completion.
- Over 17,000 residential dwellings in addition to a town centre, neighbourhood hubs and community, education and employment facilities are expected to be delivered upon completion.
Open Space & Recreation
- Over 25% of the site will be reserved for open space, including environmental corridors, bushland reserves, parks, landscaped areas and playing fields.
A full range of education facilities will be offered, from early child care and learning to secondary and potentially higher learning. As a fully master planned community, there will also be a range of services and facilities to meet the needs of the Yarrabilba community including:
- Primary Schools
- Secondary Schools
- School based training programs
Shopping & Lifestyle
- Yarrabilba is planning a Village Centre consisting of a full line supermarket and a range of complementary offers in the first neighbourhood.
- A range of additional regional shopping and lifestyle options are located within a 20 minute drive, including Grand Plaza shopping centre and the Logan Hyperdome shopping centre.
- Yarrabilba will be developed as a walkable community with an extensive pedestrian and cycle path network, as well as local community and recreation facilities adjacent to each neighbourhood centre.
- Yarrabilba will offer a comprehensive range of living options featuring a 41 home display village.
- Block sizes range from 240m² – 850m² and Home & Land packages also be available.
Leadership in Sustainability
- Innovative planning in areas like water and energy efficiency, waste management, pollution prevention, use of green space, and other sustainable development opportunities will be standard at Yarrabilba.
- Employment is a key focus, with an emphasis on the creation of early on-site jobs.
- A 100+ha Mixed Industry and Business Area (MIBA) site has been identified within Yarrabilba. The MIBA will accommodate a range of light & service industries, business park activities, and other mixed uses.
- Over 10% of all on site jobs are expected to operate as work-from-home businesses.
- The Town Centre is expected to cater for 40,000 – 50,000sqm of core retail and potentially up to 50,000 sqm of bulky goods.
Law Property has a spectacular display home for sale at Yarrabilba. Download a brochure at our New Home Options page.